I hate the negative approach of putting people down, making fun of them or proving how wrong they are in order to make yourself look right. Most people don't respond well to negative spin, except in some sick or perverse manner. Not that I'm above these base tactics, it's just a cheap shot. There certainly is nothing attractive about putting people down or "putting them in their place" in front of others. Negative people might be attracted to negative reporting, but that doesn't mean every once in a while you shouldn't blow the whistle, expose the lie, or just "say something!"
Sylvia Browne is a phony, is dangerous, does not bring hope to people and must be stopped. On Saturday, January 27, 5 PM eastern time she will be doing a live presentation of her "Predictions for 2007." Her predictions are more than just parlor games, tricks, fun or educated guesses. Her predictions are sorely wrong, hurtful and dangerous to people looking for hope. She ought to be banned or at least boycotted on a large scale. SHE IS DANGEROUS TO THE EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL HEALTH OF PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. Stay away from her!!!
Consider how hurtful these "predictions," "psychic vibrations," and "pronouncements" are. (Click the underlined links to read the stories.)
* She told the parents of Shawn Hornbeck (the boy missing for four years and recently found with another abducted boy) that their son was dead! How creepy is that?!?! It was on the Montel Williams show that Browne originally told the parents that Shawn's body was near two large boulders in the woods. After telling them he was dead she offered to help find the body for $700 a half hour. Her response to authorities after finding the boy was that she is right enough times for it to not make difference. Right, Unless, you're the family! Not to mention she told a national television audience he was dead! Watch here for some discussion on Fox News about Sylvia's wrong assertion that the boy was dead.
* Based on a "strong psychic feeling" she convinced people to give her money to invest in a mining operation. One young couple gave her $20,000 and rather than invest it in mining, she invested it in her own "Nirvana Foundation for Psychic Research." She was indicted on grand larceny charges. She plead "No Contest." She said she failed because her psychic abilities don't work for herself. Well, they didn't work for the young couple either! Here's an article titled, "Sylvia Browne Failed to See Her Own Criminal Conviction"
* Watch here as she tells parents their daughter was shot. The parents tell her, "No," the girl just collapsed in her bedroom. This stuff is utter foolishness.
* She stated the Sago Miners were all alive and then changed that after the news came out that they were all dead.
* In 1999 she told a grandmother that her abducted six year old granddaughter was not dead, but had been sold into slavery and was in Japan. Later that year a convicted sex offender was charged with her death and her body was found 13 miles from the home.
* She predicted the troops would be home from Iraq in 2004 and then in 2005 and then in 2006. How awful to hold out false hope like this to families that have loved ones in the line of fire day after day.
* For the stupidest thing you'll ever see in your life, watch how Sylvia Brown on Montel Williams tells a girl that lost her firefighter boyfriend on September 11th that he died from drowning, "just like that girl in Aruba."
The Bible tells us to beware of false prophets and prophets whose prophecies don't come true. Beware of Sylvia Browne, she did not bring any comfort to the families involved in the stories mentioned. Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice." Listen to Him. He will never leave or forsake you! And he certainly won't sell you bad information!
(the picture of Sylvia Browne is taken from her website.)